A more complete list of my
- Integration and Characterization Engineer
(4/00 to present)
Read Channel Development,
- Determined and resolved problems with interaction of read channel and mobile disk drives.
- Interacted with Japanese coworkers, aiding communication and cooperation.
- Tested performance of read channel chips.
- Firmware Engineer
(12/99 to 1/00)
Enterprise Storage Division,
Western Digital Corporation,
- Created Visual C++ test software to ensure excellent quality of server SCSI and Fibre Channel hard disk drives.
- Examined firmware for compliance with customer requests for SCSI mode page functionality.
- Clarification of problem areas to allow quick resolution.
- Research Assistant Co-op
(7/98 to 5/99)
C & C Media Research Lab,
Nippon Electronics Corporation, (N.E.C.)
- Simulation, testing and design of echo-cancellation DSP
adaptive filter systems for speech recognition systems.
- Learned Japanese technical business practices.
- Firmware Co-op Engineer
(6/97 to 11/97)
Storage Systems Division,
International Business Machines, (I.B.M.)
- Studied microcode and documentation (in
Japanese) for hard drive interface processor
for presentation to co-workers.
- Researched performance of high-end hard disk drives, proving viability of new cache indexing alogrithm.
- System Administrator / Lab Consultant
(9/95 to 5/97)
Foreign Language Lab,
Michigan Technical University,
- Maintained and improved language learning computer software.
- Volunteer Computer Support
(6/96 to 8/96)
Wycliffe Bible Translators,
Togo, Western Africa
- Upgraded e-mail, virus protection, and other software.
- Configured specialized language entry software.
- Maintained Windows network.
- Answered users' questions.
System Administrator, Foreign Language Lab,
Install and maintain language learning software. Teach Monitors use of software.
Participate in purchasing decisions. Maintain 9 computers. (3/96 to present)
Foreign Language Lab Monitor, Humanities Dept., M.T.U., 49931;
Copied tapes. Helped language students. Set up
language software on computers. (9/95 to 3/96)
Volunteer Systems Operator (SysOp), Japan Center for Michigan Universities, Shiga-ken, Japan;
developed and maintained a user interface for a remote login system. Answered user's questions about WordPerfect 5.1,
Unix, MS-DOS, and Macintosh systems. (12/94 to 5/95)
Cashier, Total Petroleum, Inc., Roseville, MI 48066;
Operated cash register, stocked merchandise. (6/94 to 8/94)
Janitorial Staff, Wadsworth Residence Hall, M.T.U., 49931;
Cleaned bathrooms at 7:00 a.m., Saturdays and Sundays.
Shoveled snow 6:00 a.m.
Mondays. (8/93 to 2/94)
Volunteer Head of Computer Security, Roseville High School, Roseville, MI 48066;
Installed and maintained software
of library P.C. computer, and protected against
unauthorized use. (9/92 to 6/93)